About Parks Foundation Calgary
Since its establishment in 1985 as a non-profit organization, Parks Foundation Calgary has worked to create thriving communities and public spaces.
At Parks Foundation Calgary, we create parks though partnerships by connecting donors and partners with park and sport projects. Our programs and projects take several forms – building, giving and supporting – all directly impacting local communities.
We exist so all Calgarians can enjoy a healthy lifestyle by providing easily accessible and unique, sport and green spaces.
WHAT WE’VE ACHIEVED
- Supported more than 110 communities in building playgrounds valued at more than $15 million.
- Awarded more than $10 million in support of amateur sport, to non-profit groups in Calgary.
- Dedicated and replaced over 1,000 park benches throughout the city.
- Developed and enhanced over 100 playgrounds.
- Encouraged over 25 community-driven projects per year, through our Gift Administration Program.
- Approved more than 400 grants to sport related projects.
Find out more at http://www.parksfdn.com.